Perilous Times Shall Come
In the last days, perilous times shall come, say the Scriptures. And if ever there were perilous times, they are upon us. At no time in history were times more perilous on a global scale. There have always been wars, and rumors of wars, but never has the potential for the utter destruction of the human race been more profound. We are living in the last days according to the Bible.
Bible prophecy outlines future history in stunning detail. The Bible claims that all prophecy will be fulfilled exactly as foretold, with 100% accuracy, 100% of the time. No other ‘sacred’ writings of any other religious belief system apart from Judeo-Christianity make such a claim. Fully twenty-seven percent of the Bible is prophetic in nature. For twenty centuries, scholars and skeptics from all walks of life, in all nations, in all generations have debated the truth of the Bible, yet in all those generations, among all those scholars and skeptics, given all the accumulated knowledge of medicine, history, archeology, science have yet to disprove a single word of the Bible’s 31,102 verses.
Think of it! No Book in human history has endured more challenges to its accuracy across the centuries, since the Bible makes its unique claim of 100% accuracy across the board — and across the centuries. The Bible contains some 790,871 words. Each has stood the test of the centuries. No prophecy of Scripture has ever failed; only those yet to be fulfilled.
What is the purpose of Bible prophecy, anyway? Is it to scare us with its images of coming judgment? To impress us with its amazing accuracy? Yes, on both counts. But it is much more. It is to establish beyond all doubt that God remains on the Throne. The Bible prophecies wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, famines, pestilence and plague for the last days, on a scale unseen in human history. We have learned since September 11 that the terrorists who murdered the innocents in New York and Washington intend exactly that. But the Bible said that one generation, somewhere in time, would see this day.
Are you ready? Do you know where you stand? And where you will stand when that Day comes? You can know for sure.
Time For a Reality Check
Jesus came for a reason, and the Bible was written to a specific purpose. “These things have I written unto you that believe on the Name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life.” You needn’t wonder where you will spend eternity. You can know, beyond a shadow of a doubt. It doesn’t matter how good or bad you are. Everyone who ever lived was a sinner. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” writes Paul in Romans 3:23. It is a theme in both the Old and New Testaments. Quoting the fool of Psalms 14:1, Paul writes “For there is none righteous, no, not one” [Romans 3:10]. And there is a place prepared for the unrighteous sinner. Romans 6:23 says “For the wages of sin is death.” Revelation 21:8 provides further detail; “All liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
All men are liars. Especially ones who claim they are not sinners. Does that mean we are without hope? Absolutely not. Romans 6:23 says “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Note two things. The ‘wages’ of sin is death. ‘Wages’ are earned. But the ‘gift’ of God is eternal life. Gifts are not earned or they would be wages. God loves us and wants us to accept the gift of Pardon He extends us. “But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” [Romans 5:8]. Think of that. Jesus Christ, Creator of the Universe, allowed Himself to be crucified to pay the penalty for your sin.
Having died for our sins, He then rose again to prove that He held the keys to death and Hell, as well as the key to eternal life. “Christ died for our sins . . .was buried. . . and that He rose again” [1 Corinthinans 15:3,4].
There is Only One Way
If there were many ways to heaven, as many teach, then there is no assurance. If there are many ways, then how can you know you are on the right one? “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
The way is not hard to find. “But as many as received Him to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name.” [John 1:12] “For whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.” [Romans 10:13]. Note the unconditional promise here. “Shall” be saved, not ‘might be’, or ‘could be’, but ‘shall’ be saved. Romans 10:9 says “That if thou shalt confess with they mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
Salvation is an unconditional covenant. Sin is a debt that must be paid to be canceled. Jesus paid that debt at the Cross. John wrote this eyewitness account at the Cross. “When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.” [John 19:30] “It is finished.” John chose the Greek word “tetelestai” [it is finished], the word that was stamped upon a paid contract, meaning ‘paid in full’. Jesus paid for our sins in full. He purchased our unconditional Pardon for our sins. That Pardon, marked ‘tetelestai’ over your name is waiting for you in Heaven. All you need do is claim it. Simply bow your head, and pray a simple prayer. Something like, “Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and that the penalty for my sin is Hell. I believe You died and were buried and rose again to pay for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my heart and save me and take me to heaven when I die.” It’s just that simple. If you prayed that prayer, you are forgiven, clean, and clothed in His righteousness. We will see you in Heaven! ~Jack Kinsella Founder of OmegaLetter.com
Omega Letter Statement of Faith:
1. We believe in all the basic doctrines of historic Christianity.
2. We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible Word of God.
3. We believe that God is eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
4. We believe that God is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign Creator of all things.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His substitutionary death on the cross, was bodily raised from the dead, ascended back to the right hand of the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us.
6. We believe in a literal heaven and a literal, eternal hell.
7. We believe in the personal, visible, and pre-millennial second coming of Jesus Christ to the earth. He will return with His saints and set up a kingdom of which there will be no end.
8. We believe in Systematic Theology; that the Bible teaches progressive revelation by Dispensation and we are approaching the conclusion of the current Church Age.
9. We believe that all people are, by nature, separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
10. We believe that the Bible teaches salvation by grace through faith, reject legalism, believing that the Church is under grace, and not under the Law.
11. We believe that the Great Commission obligates believers to share the Gospel with any and all who are willing to receive it.
OmegaLetter 2018 ©